Students will be able to
- explain the basics of entrepreneurship and the Finnish business sector
- evaluate business opportunities
- analyse a business idea and its potential for success
- write a business plan
Internal and external entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship in Finland. The operational environment analysis. The business idea and its purpose. The components of a business plan, and finance and profitability calculations. A business idea video and a business idea competition.
Delivery and assessment
In-class and distance learning: learning assignments, a business plan and a practice seminar. Assessment: The business plan and business idea video on a scale of 0-5, a practice seminar/exam.
Alternative modes of delivery
1. Online option, introductory session. Same assignments as in the in-class option, an exam. Assessment: the business plan and exam on a scale of 0-5.
2. The JA-YE Start Up programme. Implementation: according to the YE Year schedule. Assessment: Pass/Fail.
3. Participation in a student cooperative company. Assessment: Pass/Fail.
Materials posted on Reppu and other materials as agreed.