47AOMAIS5 MANAGEMENT AND ACQUISITION OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS 5 ECTS
The student will
- understand the strategic uses of information technology
- be able to define the requirements for the system being acquired
- be able to model an organization’s current functions, processes and data stores
- be able to evaluate how a system impacts an organization, its finances and the environment
- be able to search and evaluate options
- be able to design customer support solutions
Strategic uses and planning of IS, the process and organisation of initiatives and acquisitions, information systems as an investment, creating requirements, the COTS software acquisition processes, the integration of information systems, systems life-cycle, change management.
Delivery and assessment
Contact lessons, case studies, group work assignments in international teams, project work.
Materials specified by the lecturer.