47AOWAD05 Web Application Development 5 ECTS
The student will
- know how different programming languages and system software are applicable to the implementation of Web applications
- understand the key concepts, technical foundations and principles of Web applications
- know the importance of data security and privacy
- be able to design the system and software architecture of a Web application
- be able to design the user interface and server side business logic of a Web application
- be able to implement the graphical user interface of a Web application
- be able to implement the server side business logic of a Web application
- be able to incorporate the application of databases into server side programs
- be able to apply a graphical software development tool in Web application development
Web application architectures and infrastructures, server side programming, web application development technologies, Web data access, session state control, the development of a graphical user interface for different terminal equipment, Web Services, AJAX, XML, XML Schema, XLST, XPath.
HTML, Object-Oriented Programming, Databases
Contact lessons include an introduction to web programming tools and technologies which are tested with small exercises.
Exercises, exam, learning diary
Materials specified by the lecturer