04IBU602/2 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS 4 ECTS
- understands the basic concepts of economic policy
- knows the different instruments of protection
- understands what are the different levels of economic integration
- knows the basic mechanism of foreign exchange market
- is familiar with certain international agreements / institutions
- understands what it means to be a member country of EMU.
Economic policy, trade theories, free trade vs. protection; instruments of protection, economic integration and free trade, ITO, GATT, WTO, IMF, world bank, foreign exchange market and foreign exchange systems, economic integration in Europe.
Assessment and evaluation
Lectures, group work / assignments, exam.
Ingham, B.2004. International Economics – A European Focus. Pearson Education. Essex, England.