04BUS602/6 BASICS OF ECONOMICS 3 ECTS
- understands that “everything depends on everything “ in the economy
- is familiar with the basic concepts of consumer and producer theory
- understands how the market mechanism functions
- understands the basic nature of economic fluctuations
- knows the basic reasons and consequences of unemployment and inflation
- understands the basic idea of economic policy.
Basic concepts (of micro and macro economics), different competition models, circulation model, unemployment and inflation, economic fluctuations in Finland, basic ideas of fiscal – monetary policy.
Assessment and evaluation
Lectures, learning diary, exam.
Sloman, J. 2004, Essentials of Economics.Pearson Education.England.