04ENG204 BUSINESS MEETINGS AND NEGOTIATIONS 5 ECTS
- understands the difference between formal and informal business meetings
- masters the basic phraseology and procedures of meetings
- knows how to compile meeting documents (notice, agenda and minutes)
- knows how to act in meetings either as a member or as a chair and how to observe meetings
- knows the basics of organizational communication
- understands how cultural differences and different communication styles can impact business meetings.
Organizational communication and organizations as communication versus communication within organizations. Basic communication styles (the Noble, the Socratic, the Reflective). Informal and formal groups and communication in groups. Spoken, written and nonverbal communication in business meetings and negotiations. Meeting simulations in small groups. Acting as a chair, secretary and member in meetings. Writing agendas, minutes and notices for meetings.
01ENG Englannin kieli ja viestintä 3 ECTS; for second- or third-year students.
Assessment and evaluation
Compulsory attendance, course work, participation in simulations and written test.
Reppu, materials provided by the lecturer.