Multicultural competence module has three modules
- 04TCUL1 Global Service Networks 5 ECTS
- 04TCUL2 Multicultural Communities 5 ECTS
- 04TCUL3 Business Communication 5 ECTS
Multicultural competence (15 ects) module’s objectives
After completing the study module, the student
- is able to work and communicate in multicultural teams and manage them
- is able to provide customer service in English
- is able to develop knowledge of foreign customers' consumer behaviour
Cultural stereotypes, cultural characteristics, cross-cultural issues, management of multi-cultural teams, cross-cultural communication. Basic history of the development of culture and civilization, cultural and political areas of the world, how culture affects personal and customer understanding and expectations, potential future developments, the effects of cultural characteristics and geo-politics on culture.
- Hogan, C. 2007. Facilitating multicultural groups: a practical guide. London. Kogan Page (selected chapters). eBook.
- Lewis, Richard D. 2005 When Cultures Collide: Leading Across Cultures. eBook.
- Lind, P. 2012. Small business management in cross-cultural environments. London: Routledge.
All three courses will be evaluated separately. Evaluation scale 1-5