1. Feedback from teachers and students, teaching exprience, examples, courses to show
- main survey is just being done now, not sure of the general survey yet. brief feedback has been positive. there are few courses that are running.
- one course in Peters univ. is running Sloodle, he can't remember where the others are. There are some in US/UK/Swizerland
- student feedback is being collected at the moment. will be done in the next couple of months.
- might be possible to peek at the course using Sloodle, ask Daniel Livingstone (Buddy Sprocket)
2. Advantages and added value vs complexity
- one of the main adv. would be to link that chat tools, but they are still collecting that info from the teachers/students
- enabling things that were not possible before
- sloodle.org might have more on this
3. Tools to use which work best
- quiz tool / quiz chair, allows students to take a quiz in SL and return the score to Moodle
- at the moment there is just the multiple choice question type, more are coming
- blog entries in SL (blogger), twitter also
4. Is there a place in Moodle where you can find SL database (names...) so there is no need to look at profiles all the time and vice versa accessible for teachers
- Sloodle Menu has an option for the teachers to see this
- avilister (in SL), for students also, it scans the "chat area" for any users that are registered in Moodle also and lists their names
- 0.4 might have this for students also
5. do we need to organise trainings for teachers
- the length of the training session would depend on the level of SL knowledge, there should perhaps be a Second Life course before
- Moodle knowledge is also a factor
- on top of that, 2-3 hours at most, for Sloodle
6. Interactivity between powerpoint slides in Moodle and SL
- is there a way to see Powerpoint slides from Moodle in SL
- not directly at the moment
- working on a tool that would allow uploading several images at once ("parcel media?")
- Sloodle Presenter
- coming out officially in "a few months"
7. Is synchronous dimension (real time presence) more important than asynchronous dimension in Sloodle
- Sloodle works best in the synchronous model
- Forum in Moodle is very useful for long term discussions
- Objects in SL/Sloodle work in asynch. mode also
8. Considering already ready activities or course in Moodle, do we have to rewrite all activities in Sloodle, or is there a way to "copy/paste"
- Sloodle controller is added to the Moodle course.
- SL can "read" the multiple choice type questions from Moodle and show them in SL also
9. Sloodle support?
- No official plans yet, but there is a Sloodle community at sloodle.org
10. Beginner tips?
- Peter is not a teacher himself so he doesn't have a direct answer yet
- See and think about what SL can do for you and then take a look at the Sloodle tools and how they can help you
11. Pilot group
- University students mostly, as SL is K-18, so using Sloodle in "Teen-SL" is more difficult
- People who can familiarize with SL easily, who are somewhat comformtable with technology
- number of students in a group?
- not a Sloodle restriction, but SL restricts this to 40-50 people
*) There are no download stats for Sloodle at the moment.
*) Martin D. doesn't fully embrace SL as it's not open source, but Sloodle team and Martin are on friendly terms.