07MET305E CLIMATE CHANGE AND ITS ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS 5 ECTS
- understands carbon cycle and climate change issues
- understands the EU impacts on reduction of carbon emissions in the future and their consequences
- understands current possibilities for climate change mitigation in urban settings
- is able to search for information and scientific research results concerning the climate change topics
- develops applications of mitigation in urban settings
Current research results and understanding of the climate change as a phenomenon including carbon cycle. Urbanization as a global challenge in planning of built environment. Possibilities and challenges in mitigation of climate change in urban areas. Urban floods and stormwater management. Possibilities to manage carbon emissions in different levels; national, regional and local.
Lectures, assignments, working in the web.
Archer, D. 2006. Global Warming. Blackwell Publishing.
Chiras, D. 2005. Environmental Science. Jones and Bartlett