07MET505E GIS IN ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND RESEARCH 5 ECTS
- understands the possibilities of using GIS in environmental research and planning
- understands the rapid change and current possibilities to use and combine GIS based information for different needs and situations
- understands the use of GPS and principles of production of own GIS information
- is able to work with a program connected to GIS use and production
- develops one´s knowledge base and abilities to use GIS in RDI projects
How GIS is used today in urban and environmental research and planning. Spatial analyses based on GIS. Introduction to ArcGIS program and its use in planning. Examples of data bases available in Finland and in international level including open access data bases. Open access GIS programmes. Legislation concerning GIS information and its availability.
Lectures, assignments, practical training.
To be defined later.