- is able to use GIS in environmental research and planning
- is able to use and combine GIS based information for different needs and situations and discuss the rapid change and current possibilities
- is able to explain the use of GPS and principles of production of own GIS information
- is able to work with a program connected to GIS use and production
- is able to reflect and discuss the development of his/her knowledge base and abilities to use GIS in RDI projects
How GIS is used today in urban and environmental research and planning. Spatial analyses based on GIS. Introduction to ArcGIS program and its use in planning. Examples of data bases available in Finland and in international level including open access data bases. Open access GIS programmes. Legislation concerning GIS information and its availability.
Lectures and practical training. Assignments during the intensive days.
To be defined later.