04BUS602/5 LOGISTICS 4 ECTS
- knows the role of the logistics operations in a company
- understands the importance and opportunities of logistics from the operational and financial returns perspective of the company
- knows how to use the most common tools of logistics planning and management: forecasting, inventory turn-over, ABC-analysis, optimising the size of delivery
- knows the stages of the purchasing process
- understands the terms of delivery as an important part of the purchasing contract.
Basic terms of logistics – integrated logistics, logistics costs and the meaning of logistics to the profitability of a company, demand forecasting, purchasing, warehousing.
Assessment and evaluation
Written exam, course work & assignments.
Materials provided by the lecturer.